Although we can help you in virtually any legal area, our experienced attorneys specialize in real estate and business law.
- Real Estate/Transaction Law. We negotiate and draft leases, easements, options, purchase agreements, and related documents.
- Land Use Planning and Zoning. We advise clients on utilizing their property to its highest and best use to fit within existing general plans and zoning designations and, when appropriate, to change those designations. Our attorneys provide experienced and quality legal services with respect to general plans and plan amendments, zoning, use permits, variances, subdivisions, annexation and development agreements.
- Administrative Law. We represent clients before municipalities and local, state and federal government agencies to obtain permits, licenses, and land-use approvals, and to alter land-use designations.
- Litigation. We vigorously represent our clients, whether as plaintiffs or defendants in a case, through all aspects of litigation. We have litigation experience in a variety of matters, including real estate, business disputes, landlord/tenant issues, mechanics liens, and construction and personal injury matters — and can represent clients in state or federal courts.
- Construction Law. We provide representation, counseling and advice to our clients in all aspects of construction practice, from reviewing and drafting construction contracts and change orders and payment/performance disputes, to stop-notice and mechanics lien rights and issues. We have represented owners, contractors, subcontractors, developers, engineers, architects, and public entities — and have experience with the construction of a variety of developments including residential, office and commercial, retail, mixed-use, industrial, hotels and restaurants, educational institutions, and public buildings and facilities.
- Solid Waste. We represent entities involved in the waste hauling and disposal business, and assist in their efforts to obtain permits and franchise agreements — whether the client is just starting a business or attempting to protect, continue or expand its enterprise.
- Business Law. We help establish and operate business entities, including sole proprietorships, corporations, partnerships, and limited liability companies. We negotiate and draft a variety of transactions, including purchasing and selling businesses, goods, licenses, and other valuable rights. We also handle certification of women- and minority-owned businesses.
- Landlord/Tenant Law. We negotiate, draft, interpret and enforce residential and commercial leases, along with handling the unlawful detainer (eviction) process — from initial stages through trial and post-judgment collection efforts.